Manage and develop a C&I commercial loan portfolio including deposits. Build strong relationships with customers and members while maintaining an active prospecting/calling program for new clients. Consistently identify and analyze potential new business markets to develop prospects.
- Develop and maintain new business relationships
- Establish a productive referral network consisting of attorneys, accountants, and other professionals within the market area
- Conduct research on businesses, review tax and financial statements and interpret balance sheets, proforma ratios, annual budgets and P&L statements
- Collaborate with credit department for receipt of applicant credit reports, background, reference checks, and financials in order to make an educated decision and/or approval for loans
- Negotiate loan structure, including interest rates, fees, loan repayment options and other credit terms
- Approve loans with delegated limits or refers loans to higher authority
- Handle ongoing portfolio of commercial loans, including monitoring payments, financial performance and collateral position
- Assume timely responsibility for compliance with approved loan covenants and regulatory requirements
- Prepare and organize required reports, memos, and any other necessary documentation on a timely basis
- Cross sell products and services to existing relationships
- Promote Bank’s presence through participation and attendance at various civic and charitable event/organizations
- Demonstrate compliance with banking business laws and regulations as defined in company policies and procedures pertinent to the position
Associate’s/Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in banking/finance/economics or related degree field.
Must have 5 to 10 years of experience as a Commercial/C&I Loan Officer.
A strong background in business math/law and analytical and comparison skills is recommended.
A combination of formal bank credit training or previous Credit Analysis experience is preferred.
Workout experience strongly preferred.