CRE Credit Officer is responsible for managing the team of analysts specializing in Commercial Real Estate (CRE) loans. Also, responsible for preparing complete and accurate credit analyses in a timely manner that meets or exceeds internal business partners’ needs, regulatory requirements and leading industry practices. They are accountable for protecting the Bank by providing an unbiased and objective view of the prospective borrower and thoroughly disclosing all identified risks. In addition, this position is responsible for the monitoring the CRE portfolio; Develop policies and procedures while supporting the Commercial Real Estate Lending Team.
- Manage a Team and Arbitrating Issues
- Underwriting Management
- Portfolio Management
- Approval Activities
- Management Activities (25% of time)
- Responsible for the oversight and development of CRE underwriting team, including hiring, as required
- Ensure appropriate training (both external and on the job) is available to credit analysts
- Supervise and coach credit staff and set individual goals for each analyst
- Manage the performance review process to ensure a well-trained, high performing staff
- Underwriting Management (25% of time)
- Manage underwriting and credit approval process for CRE
- Review Credit Approval memorandums for completeness and accuracy prior to presentation to loan approval higherarcy
- Coordinate with CRE Lending Team Lead to establish workflow priority of new loans and renewals
- Portfolio Management Activities (25% of time)
- Monitor CRE credit portfolio and maintain a thorough understanding of the content and aggregate risks
- Lead the development of trend, segmentation, stress testing, and other key portfolio metric tools
- Risk Rating Management: Through ongoing portfolio management, seek out early warning signs of deteriorating credit trends and make ongoing assessments relative to credit risk ratings (both positive and negative)
- Research: Conduct ongoing research on industries/concepts and identify trends.
- Approval Activities (20% of time)
- Review and provide recommendation for Credit Approval Memorandums – Depending upon the approval authority required by approval hierarchy
- Approvals – Once the credit package is approved, ensure all approvals, in whatever approved format, are obtained and properly documented
- Approve ACH exposure for borrowing and non-borrowing clients
BS Degree in business related field and 10 years of experience within Commercial Real Estate.
Expertise in financial analysis, structuring, underwriting and portfolio management.
Strong communication and analytical/technical skills, including financial accounting, modeling and loan structuring.
Understanding of the primary functions of a Commercial Real Estate Banking team.
Understanding regulations that govern CRE lending.
Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask and address competing priorities
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and Power BI preferred.