The Middle Market Portfolio Manager will assist with managing the credit risk and loan quality of the C&I / Middle Market and CRE loan portfolio by supporting and assisting loan officers with preliminary review and underwriting of new loan opportunities and existing portfolio administration issues including regular customer contact. In addition, they’re responsible for managing the collection of and monitoring of exceptions and related reporting customer financial information, as well as the management and preparation of a variety of monthly and quarterly portfolio management information reports as directed by supervisors.
- Complete the credit offering memorandum for commercial loan requests, renewals and modifications for new and existing customers
- Analyses and underwriting will include an in-depth review of financial statements, tax returns and other relevant credit information
- Underwrite documents including, industry analysis, collateral analysis and risk rating assessments
- Work with the relationship manager to compile and analyze the loan request, including as necessary the preparation of financial modeling and other analysis, and the preparation of deal vetting documentation and a term sheet
- Follow loan approval, working in tandem with relationship managers to negotiate commitment letters and loan documentation
- Serve as the first point of contact in communication and resolves issues for existing customers
- Keep relationship managers informed of issues and developments, as necessary
- Initiate customer contact for line renewals as well as new loans for new and existing customers
- Assist in the development and management of loan account relationships in compliance with established loan policies
- Act as the primary support for administrative reporting such as annual reviews, CARF’s, memos, construction monitoring, evaluations, covenant tracking, financial reporting tracking and overall credit administration
- Directly servicing a small portfolio of assigned loan relationships including interviewing loan applicants, gathering supporting financial documents, and negotiating loan terms
- Enthusiastically support the Bank’s Guiding Principles and Brand Behaviors
- Adhere to federal regulatory requirements, such as the Anti-Money Laundering and Bank Secrecy Acts, and all established policies and procedures
College degree in Business Administration, Economics, or a closely related field.
A minimum of five to seven years’ experience in Middle Market C&I as well as CRE commercial banking; including credit analysis.
Formal bank credit training is preferred./