Originate quality residential 1st and 2nd mortgage loans utilizing a variety of loan programs. Advise and educate clients on the home-buying or refinance process and how to better manage their mortgages. Assist clients throughout the loan process from application to closing. Meet monthly/qtly/yearly loan production goals.
Identify current customer needs and provide sound guidance for product solutions. Devise and implement a business plan to meet production goals.
- Maintain a network of outside referral sources, including individuals such as real estate brokers, attorneys, accountants, builders, financial planners, etc
- Promote residential products by maintaining regular contact with referral sources to generate residential new/refi mortgage business
- Pre-qualify borrowers, counsel prospective borrowers to determine needs and match with appropriate Bank program
- Ensure quality and timeliness of all mortgage applications & documentation
- Follow up with applicants for information as needed
- Continuously monitor personal pipeline, manage expected closing dates, provide timely and accurate information to borrowers, closing agents, real estate brokers and appraisers to minimize customer service issues and provide overall quality customer service
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of the Bank’s mortgage and other company products and services; coordinate and participate in activities that promote homeownership, including homebuyer seminars, home shows, broker’s meetings and other home financing workshops
- Maintain community involvement by serving on boards of organizations, approved areas to positively represent within the local community
- Ensure compliance with all lending laws, rules, regulations and, prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties
- Must be eligible to be registered in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry for purposes of SAFE Act.
High school diploma and or some college preferred.
3+ years residential lending sales experience.
Knowledge of secondary market and investor guidelines.
Superior sales skills.
Knowledge of laws pertaining to mortgage lending.
Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills.
Basic Loan Operating System (LOS) skills.